Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
• Successful vendor will be responsible to install, setup, operate, and remove all equipment and supporting hardware for the pyrotechnic display.
• Requested length of show is at least 20 minutes.
• Suggested size of mortars is 3, 4, and 5 inches.
• An alternate date will be scheduled if the event is canceled due to inclement weather. The alternate date will be agreed upon by the City of Derby and the successful vendor.
• Matching contributions from successful vendor are appreciated but optional.
• Vendor will cooperate with City staff in establishing designated viewing areas.
• Fireworks display devices, set pieces, props, spectator viewing areas, and any and all equipment involved with the pyrotechnic display will be placed and located by the vendor to ensure the highest degree of show integrity and character, and to provide the audience the most aesthetic, artistic, and safest program possible.
• Vendor will be responsible for all aspects of the setup and operation of the display.
1. Vendor’s business history.
2. Description of equipment that would be used.
3. Description of products that would be used.
4. Any proposed changes to attached diagram indicating dimensions of the grounds on which the display is to be held and showing the point at which the fireworks are to be discharged, and the lines behind which the audience will be restrained.
5. A copy of a valid pyrotechnic operator certificate issued by the State of Kansas Fire Marshal’s Office
6. Certificate of insurance; showing the City of Derby and it officers and employees as additional insured; include copies of both the front and back of the certificates.
7. Schedule of activity that indicates when set up will begin and estimate completion for clean-up.
• A current certificate evidencing general liability insurance with coverage of not less than four million dollars ($4,000,000) for each occurrence naming the City of Derby as additional insured. This limit may be achieved using an umbrella or excess policy.
• Certificate must also provide proof of automobile liability coverage including non-owned and hired autos with a $1,000,000 combined single limit with said coverage naming the City of Derby as an additional insured.
• Proof of worker’s compensation in the following amounts is also required:
• Coverage A – Statutory
• Coverage B – 500,000 each accident; $500,000 disease each employee; $500,000 disease policy limit