All animals picked up by Animal Control within the Derby city limits are transported to the Wichita Animal Shelter at 3303 N. Hillside in Wichita. If your animal is missing, immediately contact the shelter at (316) 838-9623 to provide a description of your animal. Even if your animal is not at the shelter, providing shelter staff with a description will help them more quickly identify your pet if he/she does turn up.
Owners have three days to claim their animals. The Wichita Animal Shelter is open:
- Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday and most holidays, 1 – 5 p.m.
- Closed on Christmas day, Thanksgiving day and New Year’s day.
- $45: Wichita Animal Shelter service fee
- $25: City of Derby service fee
- $10: Rabies fee (if rabies vaccination is not current)
- $10: Daily boarding fee
For more information on animal licensing, pet restrictions, and other related topics, contact Derby City Hall at (316) 788-1519. For more information on Derby Animal Control, contact Derby Police Department at (316) 788-1557 or view the City Code.