Derby is the Place to Be...for big business, small business, and every business in between.
To incentivize and promote infill & redevelopment in older parts of Derby, reduced and waived fees will apply to the following:
- All commercially zoned areas where, as determined by the Zoning Administrator, development was initiated before 1996.
- The West End Business Park.
- The redevelopment of the Pleasantview Elementary School site.
Find more information in the Derby Reinvestment Brochure.
If you are looking for information about incentives for which your business may qualify, please review the following information:
- Economic Development Incentive Policy: Derby offers incentives that may be available to assist you. Your eligibility is based on your plans for job creation and capital investment in buildings, machinery, and equipment, as well as the type of business you are engaged in.
- Hotel Incentive Policy: Any incentives for hotel projects shall be evaluated for their potential effect on existing agreements. The highest consideration will be given to incentives that affect existing agreements to the smallest degree possible.
- Speculative Building Incentives: are available for eligible tenants engaged in manufacturing, research and development, warehousing or distribution activities as defined by the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS).
- State of Kansas Incentive Programs will give you detailed information about incentives offered by the State of Kansas.
How Can We Help?
Retail businesses in Derby benefit from a market area that encompasses not just the residents of Derby, but many of the surrounding communities including Mulvane, Haysville, Rose Hill, and Wichita. Within a 15 minute drive of Derby is a population of 437,572 with an average of $55,903 in disposable income.
Located just 15 minutes southeast of downtown Wichita, Derby offers an ideal location for new and expanding businesses. Major employers in and around Derby include:
Room to Grow
The Derby Business Park may be the ideal place for your new or existing company. Shovel-ready sites ranging from one to three acres are available immediately at a price of just 70 cents per square foot. Please call 316-788-3081 for additional information about qualifying businesses and the available lots.
Other properties are available, including the 250-acre Derby Corporate Park.
If you are a home-based business or are interested in building a new business from the ground up, many area resources are available to assist you in developing your business. We are proud of the many companies that began as small, home-based businesses. See the Register and Start Your Business web page for more information.
For information on available sites in the Derby and Wichita area, please visit the websites below: